Featured Post

Introduction to My Star Wars Blog

            Star Wars has always been a huge part of my life. I am not old enough to be a part of the generation who first watched the Orig...

Thursday, April 13, 2017

Star Wars Celebration - Day 1

          Day 1 of Star Wars Celebration felt like a Star Wars Appreciation Day over anything else. This made me incredibly happy. I wasn't able to keep up with the livestream today as I had to deal with school all day, but just reading the reactions on Twitter to what today offered fans made me smile. Today seemed like a nice little warm-up to the convention before the big announcements in the next few days, and I feel like it's necessary to have every once in a while. Lucasfilm pulled out an amazing 40th Anniversary panel to start the day in order to show its fans just how much they mean to the company and the future of Star Wars. If it weren't for the fans, we wouldn't even have this amazing convention. By being able to bring out George Lucas and the various actors from both the original trilogy and prequels, they were able to cater to all fans and have fun with the wonderful people who have actually worked on the Star Wars property. This, along with the Carrie Fisher Tribute and John Williams' surprise appearance, made it an amazing panel to sit through. Honestly, I'm not ashamed to say that I cried when George Lucas came on stage because we, as fans, were able to truly show him just how much he meant to us as a whole. The constant love he got from the fans in attendance made me hope that he would see how much he meant to us given how none of this would be possible without his amazing idea of a space opera. All the hate he got for making the prequels was uncalled for at times, and it's understandable to see how hurt he would have been since he is human after all. I can only imagine how he would have felt receiving that criticism, so I'm just happy to see that he did end up attending the panel.  
          From there, it was amazing to see all the amazing interviews the "Star Wars Show" was able to get with all of its hosts, including having George Lucas and Harrison Ford on their stage. I enjoyed the Dave Filoni and Pablo Hidalgo panel, but I ended up stopping my viewing of it since the live stream didn't show some of the concept art they were talking about, so I'll have to watch that somewhere else online that has the concept art up. I was able to see that Cad Bane and Boba Fett clip online, which was incredible! I wouldn't mind seeing a bounty hunters animated series that is willing to go darker than Rebels, but we'll see if they'll go that route. The Ray Park panel was nice to watch because he really is amazing to fans. He goes all out with them and enjoys interacting with them. His lightsaber teaching moment was fun to watch as well as his skit with Warwick Davis. He's one of the more overlooked actors from the films since he's known more for his lightsaber fighting skills than his acting, but I still love watching that guy have fun at Celebration.  
          Probably the most overlooked aspect of Day 1 may be Warwick Davis. He is an incredible host and moderator! His banter, wit, and comedy make for hilarious moments during panels he's on. His fun jokes about Harrison Ford's flying was a moment I'll never forget, and his skit with Ray Park was entertaining to watch. I can't wait to see what else he has in store this weekend, along with the rest of the panels and events 

No comments:

Post a Comment